Securities Division Management & Strategy - Interest Rates Products - FM, Analyst, Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Interest Rate Products ("IRP") business is seeking an Analyst to join its Management and Strategy team. GIRP includes the sales and trading of both cash products (e.g., government debt, commercial paper, agency notes), as well as derivatives (e.g., swaps, swaptions, inflation derivatives, exotics).
The ideal candidate will have experience working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders and identifying opportunities to drive projects and process improvements. A candidate should also demonstrate comfort with leveraging data and technology to drive business decisions, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Work closely with senior Business Managers to develop deep understanding of their franchises
- Build strong relationships with key business leaders across functions
- Key categories of activities:
- Help develop and implement business plans, including measurement of impact and success
- Generate recommendations and manage the implementation of key process improvements
- Create and maintain systematic approach for market share-related initiatives (e.g., tracking, reporting, improving)
- Perform competitive benchmarking analysis using both quantitative and qualitative sources
- Manage new revenue activity approval process, including attending meetings and preparing memos
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, accounting, science, mathematics, or engineering
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience, preferably in Consulting or Finance
- Strong project management and process implementation / improvement experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Solid quantitative / statistical skill set
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to derive creative solutions and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effective in engaging with global stakeholders and senior management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Ability to engage effectively with a multi-location team
- Preferrably located in or around Dallas currently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top