Securities Division, Management and Strategy, Franchise Strategy Group, Associate/VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Securities Division Management and Strategy team is seeking an Associate to join the Franchise Strategy Group. The Franchise Strategy Group partners with Securities Division leadership to identify and assess strategic opportunities, and drive initiatives across the Division and our client franchise. Candidates should be interested in solving complex business problems, joining an entrepreneurial team within a best-in-class firm, and playing a pivotal role in shaping Goldman Sachs' forward strategy. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing and implementing strategic business plans, identifying opportunities to drive business process efficiencies, and working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders. A candidate should demonstrate comfort with leveraging data and technology to drive business decisions, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Work closely with senior Business Managers to develop deep understanding of their franchises
- Build strong relationships with key business leaders across functions
- Drive initiatives involving the following key activities:
- Manage the development and implementation of business plans, including measurement of impact and success
- Generate recommendations and manage the implementation of key process improvements
- Partner with salespeople, traders, and data scientists to develop franchise technology and analytics
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Management consulting background with 3-5 years of experience
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent academic track record
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Characteristics
- Ability to derive creative solutions and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effective in engaging with global stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top