Securities Division, FICC, Macro Sales, Multi-Asset Platform Sales (MAPS), Associate/VP
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Securities Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide.
Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis. Fixed income, currency and commodities teams transact in a variety of assets, including interest rate products (such as government bonds, treasury bills and other highly liquid instruments), credit products, mortgages, currencies and commodities.
The MAPS (Multi Asset Platform Sales) team provides comprehensive sales coverage to a wide variety of institutional clients of the firm. The coverage spans Equities, Credit (High Yield and Investment Grade), Rates, Mortgages, and FX, and including a close partnership with the Commodities and Emerging Markets businesses. The team has an entrepreneurial atmosphere, where emphasis is placed on understanding our clients and growing business by expanding market share, involving clients in new products, and bringing new client opportunities into the firm. Many of our clients are also asset agnostic and are simply looking for best ideas and the most efficient ways to implement them. The MAPS team is uniquely positioned to help clients find and execute the best ideas the Securities division has to offer by leveraging the team's expertise across asset classes and delivering those resources in a timely manner.
This sales role within the MAPS FICC Macro team is a role for entrepreneurial and intellectually curious individuals who seek experience in client coverage and building long term relationships. The core function is to identify market trends, product offerings within Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Products, Macro Credit Products, and beyond, and put these into context for a wide range of client types engaged in both tactical and strategic risk management and offer best-in-class execution services.
MAPS Macro salespeople are required to understand all macro-oriented markets while continuing to develop a technical expertise in a wide range of derivative products, as well as other areas such as micro markets and accounting. This position involves working as part of a closely coordinated team and includes direct daily interaction with clients, traders, management and supporting or partnering functions and business lines.
- Lead client coverage role - responsible for delivering the firm to your clients and owning the relationships across client types
- Structure, price, and execute transactions with a wide variety of clients, both cash and derivative, across global macro markets (FX, IRP, Macro Credit and beyond)
- Generate trade ideas and create marketing materials across all one delta and derivative macro products.
- Provide ideas and advice to clients on how to engage markets and work with market makers to provide primary and secondary liquidity to the client base
- Harness and deliver GS resources across trading, GIR / strategy, IBD, and technology to the benefit of our clients
- Help to develop new/emerging client opportunities; connect key relationships to asset classes beyond Macro FICC
- At least 4-5 years of experience with strong quantitative and qualitative skill set
- Execution-oriented and client-facing experience strongly recommended
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Creative thinking and strong focus on problem solving
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top