Securities Division Engineering - Organizational Strategy Role - Vice President - New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Organizational Strategy team is part of the Securities Division Engineering and Operations (SDEO) Management & Strategy Team, providing management and oversight across the SDEO investment portfolio.
The Org Strategy team works closely with leadership as a strategist, consultant, and implementer of initiatives. In this role, he/she will often be partnering with various groups across the division and the firm more broadly, to ensure seamless execution of the various projects and day-to-day activities within the group. Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability to be accountable for a broad range of activities and demonstrate clear ability to take ownership by diving deeper where needed. The Org Strategy team also oversees the management and strategy of how we deploy the group's personnel.
- Manages a wide variety of initiatives for the senior leadership of the group
- Oversee strategic planning and review of key performance metrics
- Think strategically about headcount, resource deployment and organization
- Help deliver internal and external communications with leadership
- Develop management presentations
- Assist in meeting and event preparation
- Partner with the SDEO finance team to deliver financial reporting or analysis if required
- Counterpart with program management, engaging and imputing to the delivery of key programs across the team
- Partner with Human Capital Management, Compliance, CFO team, Chief of Staff team and other leadership teams to ensure conformance with policies, procedures and tasks/actions required
- Ability to lead projects and bring together multiple stakeholders to help drive decisions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data-driven and analytical in approach to solving problems; strategic thinker
- Excels at building relationships
- Well organized, with ability to multi-task and toggle between short-term and long-term initiatives and tasks
- Financial services experience preferable
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills (oral and written): commitment to excellence; ability to draft communications easily understandable to a senior audience, confident and strong project management and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and proactive; the ability to respond calmly, creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of large-scale projects and has a strong work ethic
- Excellent judgment and ability to assess risks; ability to take firm positions to protect the firm's interests; keen business acumen
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top