Securities, Credit Products Group, Structured Products Sales Strat, VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Structured Product Strategist
We are seeking a structured product strategist to join the Credit Solutions team, which is part of the Sales and Structuring Strats business. The person that fits the role will have experience in a subset of securitized products, including CMBS, CLOs, Non-Agency RMBS and ABS, and drive the growth of our franchise by developing views on the overall market, performing bottoms up analytics for individual securities and trade ideas, and working closely with trading and sales to deliver relative value tools and structuring expertise to our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Roles within Securities Strats
Sales & Structuring Strats work with the firm's sales force and clients analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative tools to meet client needs. The work involves developing a thorough understanding of the full range of investment products and strategies offered by the firm, an ability to capture the fundamental and mathematical characteristics of those investments using models or frameworks, and creation of infrastructure to make those analyses reusable and scalable across our businesses.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Focus on structured products across CMBS, CLOs, Non-Agency RMBS and ABS, candidate will manage all structuring & analytic work with respect to clients, drive the growth of the Firm's client franchise and revenues, and prioritize/balance business development initiatives vs. day-to-day work. Candidate will work on the sales & trading floor as an integral part of the business, involved in cross-team projects requiring coordination between sales, trading, and investment banking.
- Develop regular market presentations/commentary across the various structured product sectors that is valued by GS's top institutional clients in a commercially effective manner
- Construct relative value investment theses/trade ideas taking into account macro-economic (top-down) and micro-fundamental (bottoms-up) views
- Present strategic solutions & tactical trades to institutional clients, owning process until and after the trade is executed
- Work with the trading desk in executing large transactions and identifying key risk offsets across client types
- Work with origination teams to distribute primary market opportunities in established markets, and expand investor base for developing structures in early stage sectors
- Financial modeling and programmatic implementation / automation using GS's proprietary coding environment (SecDB)
- 7+ years of finance experience within structured product sectors
- Strong quantitative background
- Knowledge of financial industry and structured product markets
- Communication skills are key as client interaction occurs on a regular basis
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Series 7 and 63 Registration
- Self-motivated with a strong intellect and an ability to drive opportunities across a diverse range of FICC products and client issues
- Outstanding organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to connect with a diverse range of people
- Experience with investor base across asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, and banks and familiarity with client needs
- Basic accounting skills and background in analyzing financial statements, trustee reports
- Experience with FICC products focused on structured products and/or derivatives
- Excel-based financial modeling experience, with a demonstrated ability to build basic corporate and/or securitization models for valuation purposes
- Open to multiple experiences including: structuring, trading, research, strategy provided qualifications are met
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS..
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top