Securities, Commod Desk Strat, Associate/VP, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're looking for a professional to join our commodities desk strat team and help us develop new generation trading analytics utilizing modern mathematical techniques, artificial intelligence, and system architecture solutions.
Commodities desk strats use their quantitative and scientific training to solve complex business problems. We create cutting-edge derivative instruments and pricing models, provide insight into market behavior via statistical modeling and data science, measure risk of our trading positions, and identify market opportunities. We also build scalable software infrastructure to keep track of our trading activities and market data flow around the world in real time and facilitate quick decision making.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will work in a small team of quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities analytics.
- Some projects may involve data science and machine learning because large datasets are available providing useful insights on most commodities markets.
- You will work on cutting edge real time market making analytics.
- You will work on sophisticated mathematical models and trading strategies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
- Strong programming skills.
- 2 or more years of experience in finance or a cutting edge technology company.
- Strong expertise in at least one of three areas:
- Stochastic calculus and derivatives pricing
- Software development in finance-related field
- Machine learning / data science
- Prior experience in commodities at another bank or hedge fund.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top