Securities, Client On-boarding and Support Professional, Associate, Stockholm
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, Strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
Your main goal and focus is to provide our clients with a best in class technical support service, as a key part of making every day a successful trading day.
- You engage early on with new clients and follow them through to ongoing successful trading in production.
- The initial phase consists of eliciting technical requirements, documenting client-specific adaptations to be done on our end, supporting the client's testing activities, and guiding them through the certification process.
- You engage with the in-house development team to monitor development tasks related to client-specific adaptations and other changes that may affect the properties of the service provided to clients.
- For clients already trading in production, you provide timely replies to support inquiries, and monitor flow to identify potential issues for proactive handling.
- You take an active role in release activities, including testing/QA activities with an eye to changes affecting the properties of the service provided to clients.
- Quantitative, computer science or engineering academic background.
- Onboarding experience
- Financial Services experience
- Technology skill set and understanding of the full SDLC
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top