Securities, Asia Special Situations Group (ASSG), Associate, Shanghai
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves. The successful candidate will be empowered from day 1 to help drive profitability for the business through a strong emphasis in finding opportunities in market inefficiencies and delivering solutions for the firm and its stakeholders
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Asian Special Situations Group (ASSG) specializes in the investment and management of a diverse portfolio of asset classes including private and public equities, structured finance, high yield or distressed credits, Non Performing Loans (NPL) portfolios and real estate.
Based in Shanghai , the successful applicant will be a member of the China deal team evaluating investments across Greater China. The role mainly consists of valuing non-performing loans and their underlying collaterals, as well as execution of NPL transactions. You will also be responsible for origination and execution, and contribute to the broader investment strategy within the group. The applicant must be able to interact with other members of the team, consultants and legal advisors, manage due diligence efforts and have the ability to extract information from a variety of sources.
- Perform legal due diligence on NPL borrowers and valuation on variety of collaterals
- Source deals, build up and maintain a network of NPL sellers, servicers, lawyers and appraisers
- Work closely with senior members of the team in recommending investment decisions
- Interface with external parties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 year(s) of relevant experience
- Strong financial modeling with strong proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of banking loan business, litigation/enforcement procedures a must
- Collateral valuation skills with regards to various types of collaterals such as industrial, retail, office, residential, etc.
- Prior investing and/or markets experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to requests and deadlines
- Fluency in both written and spoken Mandarin and English
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive travels should be expected
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top