Securities, AmSSG, SSG Finance, Analyst, New York
The Special Situations Group (“SSG”) is looking to hire an analyst to join its Finance team to be based in New York City / 200W. The position offers an excellent opportunity to participate in a global investment and lending business active across various industries and asset classes. The Analyst will be part of a team that leads strategic initiatives at a regional and global level, manages financial and operational risk, and helps drive returns though various capital and workflow efficiency initiatives. Additionally, the role will involve serving as a liaison between the business deal teams and federation support areas to further business-led initiatives.
- Develop scalable processes and best practices for the business
- Build and maintain sophisticated financial models
- Analyze and present business financials by utilizing excel and effective data sourcing
- Prepare effective internal and external presentations
- Work closely with other functions within SSG and GS to manage joint projects
Basic Qualifications•1-2 yrs experience as a financial analyst (experience in a principal investing or structuring business is preferred)
- Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work with a strong desire to make an impact on the organization as a member of a dynamic and global team
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of high achievement and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong presentation and reporting skills
- Proven knowledge of quantitative analysis and modeling (strong excel skills and a working knowledge of US GAAP is preferred)
- Savvy in Microsoft Suite of products, including Excel and PowerPoint (experience with or knowledge of various systems used in GS are preferred)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top