Securities, AmSSG, Specialty Lending, Analyst/Associate, Atlanta
Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group, L.P. is seeking an analyst/associate candidate with an under-graduate degree in finance or accounting, or a Professional Program graduate. Position will be based in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX..
Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group (“SLG”), a division of the Special Situations Group within Goldman Sachs, is a hybrid credit investment firm established to provide corporate loans to middle-market companies across a wide variety of industries. SLG is focused on providing simple and certain solutions to middle-market borrowers and financial sponsors on a national basis.
Acting as a principal investor, we seek to hold sizable positions and play a leadership role in our credits. Our focus on underwriting the underlying intrinsic value of a business enables us to creatively invest in a broad spectrum of credit risk. We are capable of fully underwriting entire debt capitalizations ranging from $20 to $200 million. SLG invests in a wide variety of loan structures and a diverse set of industries. Structures may include first-lien, second lien and single lien transactions. Single-lien solutions combine traditional debt tranches, including mezzanine, in a simpler capitalization with blended pricing which enable fast and reliable closings.
- Perform financial/valuation analysis and build financial models.
- Perform industry and company specific due diligence through research, management/lender presentations and management interviews.
- Think thoughtfully and carefully through investment opportunities and risks.
- Craft investment memos and assist senior underwriters in making investment recommendations.
- Analyze and understand implications of legal documents and work with outside counsel to evaluate legal and regulatory risk.
- Participate in structuring transactions, negotiating and preparing term sheets/commitment letters/credit documents and closing transactions.
Basic QualificationsRequirements include:
- Strong quantitative aptitude exemplified through superior performance in finance, accounting, math, and statistics classes
- High energy, driven individual
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting, or a Professional Program degree, with at least a 3.4 overall GPA
Please view our web site (www.gsslg.com) for more information on SLG.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top