Securities, AmSSG, Finance, Analyst, New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Special Situations Group ("SSG") is looking to hire an analyst to join its Finance team to be based in New York City / 200W. The position offers an excellent opportunity to participate in a global investment and lending business active across various industries and asset classes. The Analyst will be part of a team that leads strategic initiatives at a regional and global level, manages financial and operational risk, and helps drive returns though various capital and workflow efficiency initiatives. Additionally, the role will involve serving as a liaison between the global SSG team and federation support areas to further business-led initiatives.
- Develop fundamental understanding of valuation at a deal and portfolio level
- Help develop and lead scalable processes for the SSG business
- Design and maintain sophisticated financial models
- Creatively stratify and analyze business performance to present to both internal and external parties
- Collaborate with global SSG desks, other GS groups and multiple Federation teams to improve work flow and efficiency and rationalize best business practices
- 1-2 yrs. experience as a financial analyst (experience in a principal investing or structuring business is preferred)
- Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work with a strong desire to make an impact on the organization as a member of a dynamic and global team
- Desire to work in one of the principal investing businesses at the firm
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an eagerness to lead and learn
- Track record of high achievement and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven knowledge of quantitative analysis and modeling (strong Excel skills and a working knowledge of US GAAP is preferred)
- Savvy in Microsoft Suite of products, including Excel and Power-Point (experience with or knowledge of various systems used in GS are preferred)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top