Securities, AmSSG, Alternative Energy Investing Group, Analyst/Associate, New York
The Alternative Energy Investing Group is an investing group that sits within the Special Situations Group at Goldman Sachs. The group is responsible for deploying the firm's capital in the alternative energy space in sectors such as solar, wind, clean coal, energy storage, biofuels, and related industries globally. Investments include tax equity, debt, structured private equity, and project finance.
The Alternative Energy Investing Group is looking for an experienced analyst or junior associate to join the desk in New York. The new member will be part of a team that invests and manages investments in the alternative energy space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Screening alternative energy investments
- Research and quantitative modeling
- Researching and evaluating new sectors and investment ideas
- Communicating and presenting investment ideas
- Managing due diligence processes
- Assisting in portfolio management
- P&L and risk reporting
Preferred Qualifications•Outstanding academic and professional record
- 2-4 years of valuation experience
- Solid analytical/technical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interest / experience within the alternative energy sector
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with financial markets and products
- Enthusiasm and ability to lead projects
- The ability to be organized and manage multiple disparate tasks
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top