Scrum Master - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
FULFILLING YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
- Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Serve as teams' or programs' information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
- Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
- Coach more junior Scrum Masters.
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
- Track and remove impediments.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
- Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
- 5 years' experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Active participant in the Agile community.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top