Savings - Deposit Operations - Process Engineer Analyst - Chicago, IL
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
As a Process Engineer you will provide critical operations and user experience design to ensure business flows smoothly when customers come to us. From day one, you will play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop the process and controls environment (Inventory and maps) for deposits operations
- Design process solutions using Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Continuously improve all customer and management processes
- Relentlessly work to automate processes and eliminate friction in deposits
- Create a robust controls environment to ensure the highest standards of consumer protection
- Survey emerging technologies and lead "test and learn" efforts to determine which digital utilities or work methods to implement
- Maintain ABC models to drive process efficiencies and productivity
- Establish and maintain a change management framework
- Obtain necessary change advisory board approvals
- Maintain up to date inventory of business policies and procedures
- Write, edit, proofread and format policies and produces, keeping them current and managing versions for audit purposes
- Assesses the impact of change across the business and ensures production readiness
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Proven analytical skills and ability to problem solve, as indicated by past quantitative or model building roles
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal partners with different levels of product experience
- Knowledge of stand processing engineering tools (e.g., Signavio)
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Positive attitude, strong drive and ability to work independently in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Previous experience in banking/financial services
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance aspects with government guidance and requirements
- Six Sigma and Lean Certification
- Prior manufacturing or process engineering experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top