SALT Tax, State & Local Tax Group, Vice President, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Opportunity: To work for a leading financial services organization's in-house tax department on the State and Local Tax Reporting group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Review state tax returns for a number of the Firm's partnership and corporate subsidiaries
- Interact with Controllers and other interfacing areas to obtain information required to calculate and properly report apportionment, prepare required statements and disclosures etc.
- Involvement with state tax audits.
- Management of a small team
- Review and analysis of various calculations required for ASC740 and other financial accounting reports.
- Analyze calculations used for firmwide tax planning.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the Tax field.
- State tax experience a plus. Big four and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of corporate and partnership taxation
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Corptax working knowledge a plus. Comfortable with learning new tax software applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top