Sales Attribution Team Lead - Associate, Third Party Distribution (Salt Lake City)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly motivated associate-level team lead to join our Sales Attribution team and contribute towards the reporting and analysis of Goldman Sachs Asset Management's (GSAM) Third Party Distribution (TPD) business. In this role, you will work with large amounts of data in both an independent and collaborative setting, helping provide analytical support towards the broader management team.
The Sales Attribution team is part of GSAM TPD Sales Channel. GSAM is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
TPD is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries, including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. The Sales Attribution team is responsible for maintaining accurate mutual fund sales data to facilitate reporting and analysis of GSAM's TPD business. The associate will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases. Additionally, the person in this role will partner with GSAM business, GSAM technology, and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The responsibilities of the team lead on the Sales Attribution team include, but are not limited to the below:
- Review, enrich and maintain investor level trade and balance data
- Bespoke and ad-hoc reporting for internal sales and management teams
- Build and develop close working relationships with cross functional teams across the organization
- Collaborate with salespeople and managers on data research/analysis requests
- Analyze data workflow and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Investigate and resolve sales data inaccuracies and issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and drive forward initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement
- Advanced SQL and Excel (formulas, writing and editing macros, queries, data maintenance, etc.)
- Previous experience with large databases, datasets, or academic research
- Interest in capital markets and building a career in investment management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top