Risk, Risk Engineering - Liquidity Risk Analytics & Reporting, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan.
Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
We are at the forefront of the most recent engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data, to better manage compute costs for the firm given increasing demands related to asset pricing and scenario generation.
RISK ENGINEERING (RE)
Risk Engineering, which is part of the Risk Division, is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk management. RE is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Singapore, and Tokyo. As a member of RE, you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm as well as the other regional offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
RE professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. RE has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
LIQUIDITY RISK ANALYTICS & REPORTING (LRAR)
As a member of the Liquidity Risk Analytics and Reporting Team within RE, you will play a key role in the liquidity risk management function at Goldman Sachs. The LRAR team is responsible for providing understanding of and insight into existing and emerging liquidity risks; highlighting important and topical risk features; facilitating and informing risk management decisions; certifying risk information for use in management, regulatory, and financial reporting; identifying and implementing the best means of delivering risk information through compelling narratives and visualizations; and leveraging Risk Engineering processes to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
How you will full your potential:
- Design, produce, review, explain, and present risk reports and analyses
- Monitor and curate automated output
- Create compelling visualizations which increase understanding and awareness of existing and emerging risks
- Actively participate, as measurement and reporting experts, in risk management
- Using risk information, answer questions, offer insights, and address risk management challenges
Skills / Expertise
- 2.5 to 5 years of experience in capital markets, preferably in Risk, Treasury, funding-related or regulatory functions
- Strong academic background, preferably in quantitative fields such as finance, economics, computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or statistics, though not required
- Technology aptitude and programming skills are a plus, as well as familiarity with risk systems
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top