Risk, Risk Engineering - Analytics & Reporting, Associate, Salt Lake City
Risk, Risk Engineering - Analytics & Reporting Associate
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan.
Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
We are at the forefront of the most recent engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data, to better manage compute costs for the firm given increasing demands related to asset pricing and scenario generation.
Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Risk Engineering (RE) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with a responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk measurement and management. RE is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru and Tokyo. As a member of the RE team, you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm. The interaction with numerous departments, and the ensuing diverse projects, create a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
The team is also responsible for aspects of the firm's risk reporting to the firm's senior management as well as risk-related regulatory requirements including financial statement disclosure, risk-based capital requirements (Basel III) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). The group employs the complete capabilities of Risk Engineering to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution of the analytics produced. As a member of the Analytics and Reporting Team within RE, you will play a key role in providing understanding of and insight into existing and emerging risks to the Firm, highlighting important and topical risk features, facilitating and informing risk management decisions, as well as certifying risk information for use in management, regulatory, and financial reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products GS transacts, including lending, trading and derivative products
- Assist in quantifying risk and capital calculations for a large, diverse and complex risk portfolio. This involves designing, implementing and executing programmatic tools that query large data sets
- Understand and interpret the metrics generated by models in order to perform risk analysis
- Design and maintaining a set of controls that ensure the completeness and accuracy of quantitative measures
- Report and present on exposures and capital at a risk party, product and portfolio level
- Perform anomaly detections in large data sets, investigating the cause and recommending corrective actions
- Interact with various other groups such as risk modelers, technology, trading desks and risk committees to explain the results of calculations and inform risk management decisions
- Strong academic background, preferably in quantitative fields such as finance, economics, computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or statistics, though not required
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Strong interest in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience or keen interest to develop expertise in derivative products, and risk and capital calculation methodologies
- Proficient in Excel. Programming skills preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships remotely with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top