Risk, Retail Parameter Quantification Role, Analyst, Salt Lake City
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
Credit Risk Management ("CRM"), which is part of the Risk Division, is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRM is staffed globally with offices including New York, Salt Lake City, London, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRM you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRM offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRM professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRM has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
Currently we are seeking an Analyst level candidate to join the Risk Parameter Quantification team responsible for generating the Basel parameters (PD, LGD & EAD) used for Capital estimation purposes complying with regulatory guidance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Typical responsibilities include the following:
- Partnering with business units and broader Credit department to assess data availability, data sufficiency, and appropriate modelling approaches
- Developing and monitoring the risk models and/or segmentation specific to the retail/securitization exposures
- Quantification of the Basel risk parameters utilizing the models/segmentation
- Documenting the model development/quantification procedures
- Performing the ongoing Model/Segmentation validation tests assessing the strength/stability/accuracy of the models
- Establishing requirements for data maintenance and management and working with Technology on implementation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc). Masters degree preferred.
- Highly motivated with strong academic background and a commitment to excellence
- Strong Excel skills and experience using a statistical programming tool such as SAS (preferred), and data query tool such as SQL
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and model documentation experience desired
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top