Risk, Retail Credit Risk Underwriting/Policy Role, Associate, Dallas
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
We are seeking an associate level candidate to join the Credit Risk division team. The role will focus on data analytics, data insight generation, trend identification and data visualization to help understand credit risk drivers for unsecured consumer lending assets such as personal loans and credit cards.
Typical responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Support credit risk management senior leadership in partnering with business units and broader Credit department to assess data availability, data sufficiency, and reporting needs
- Design and write data queries to extract credit data from credit systems and conduct analysis of portfolio performance, deep dive analysis of trends, summarize findings and recommend changes
- Ability to identify existing and emerging drivers of risk in a portfolio to drive guardrail design and proactive management of the portfolio.
- Design and recommend changes to existing policies.
- Create guardrails/ thresholds across various dimensions
- Provide support for portfolio credit risk oversight and governance by tracking the actual performance of risk appetite and credit risk management metrics against approved guardrails
- Create Management reporting using Tableau or other cutting-edge visual interface-based tools to monitor portfolio performance at portfolio segment level (e.g., product, vintage, risk segment, score band, or marketing channel)
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams.
- Be up to date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements in consumer lending and provide support to Senior Leadership during interactions and updates to internal and external regulators
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company and regulatory standards, policies and practices
- Address internal audit requirements and findings in a timely and appropriate manner
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD:
Strong Quantitative/ analytical skill with Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science/Analytics or a related field like Information Systems, Business Analytics.
MINIMUM YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
3+ years of experience in related industry
Prior work and academic experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk policies in a consumer or small business lending or similar data driven industries such as insurance
- Experience in unsecured consumer lending (e.g., installment loans, credit cards) preferred and expertise with credit bureau data as well as familiarity with alternate credit related data sources
- Experience in retail credit risk analytics including 2+ years of retail strategy with credit policy/underwriting criteria development, performing portfolio deep dive analytics including performance measurement and insight generation to influence credit policy
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, Risk Scorecards to drive analysis and outcome
- Use statistical packages like SQL, SAS, R, Python etc., tools to mine, manipulate & aggregate complex consumer and transaction level data on big data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Use complex statistical techniques such as decision trees, regression modeling, machine learning, testing techniques and time series data analysis techniques.
- Visualizing information/ trends from raw and complex data using visualization tools such as Tableau, and communicating results to a wide variety of audiences
- Using advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions), PowerPoint and Word
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and documentation experience desired
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently across various stakeholders.
- Ability to do end-to-end project delivery.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top