Risk, Retail Credit Risk Underwriting/Policy Role, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
Credit Risk Management ("CRM"), which is part of the Risk Division, is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRM is staffed globally with offices including New York, Salt Lake City, London, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRM you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRM offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRM professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRM has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Currently we are seeking an Associate/VP level candidate to join the Credit Risk Policy team focusing on retail / consumer assets, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Partnering with business units and broader Credit department to assess data availability, data sufficiency, and appropriate modelling approaches.
- Initiate and conduct complex research projects and/or statistical models in programs such as account acquisitions, account management, collections, fraud and operations.
- Heavy emphasis is placed on analysis, summary, recommendation, and presentation steps. Monitors and evaluates performance of credit support systems utilizing external and internal scoring data, management software packages or programs to aid in managing account acquisition and portfolio management and other functions with minimal management supervision.
- Initiate and conduct studies of customer groups and product types and develop statistical/financial models for projections (i.e. acquisition financial models, loss forecasts, capacity planning).
- Also involved in the development of models for projections (e.g. delinquency and charge-offs, cost and profitability, credit limit setting, and other aspects of account management).
- Gathers and analyzes economic data to determine potential impact on business operations. Designs and writes programs for statistical analysis of portfolio performance.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor internal and external credit scoring models and/or financial forecasting models using both traditional and other advanced predictive technologies. May use segmentation and optimization tools in strategy development.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
- Establish requirements for data maintenance and management and working with Technology on implementation.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc). Masters degree preferred
- Experience in retail credit risk analytics including 3+ years of retail strategy and/or credit policy development, experience in unsecured consumer lending (e.g., installment loans, credit cards) preferred
- Strong Excel skills and experience using statistical tools such as SAS and SQL
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and model documentation experience desired
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top