Risk, Relationship Lending Group, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
The Relationship Lending Group (RLG) is responsible for underwriting, structuring, executing and advising on relationship lending to Investment Grade and Leverage Finance clients of Goldman Sachs. This is a front line position working with Investment Grade Capital Markets and Leveraged Finance on the execution of transactions. Additionally you will have the opportunity to work with GS professionals in Investment Banking Division, Legal and Credit Risk Management. Types of transaction can include unsecured revolvers, secured revolvers (ABLs and Borrowing Base facilities), term loans, delayed draw term loans, bridge loans and letter of credit facilities in the context of primary loan syndication, refinancing, amendments, secondary market purchases and bilateral lending.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The analyst will work as an integral member of the RLG team in the execution of relationship loans and managing the loan portfolio, analytics and reporting.
- The position involves working on multiple simultaneous transactions at various stages of execution. This includes liaising with business team on initial lending requests and following the transaction through the approval process, including managing the negotiation of loan documentation.
- Throughout the process you will be working with multiple GS teams while balancing often conflicting priorities and ensuring significant issues are elevated to management.
- The loan portfolio reporting will involve generating reports on a regular basis for both internal and external constituencies, including senior management at GS.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to speak with internal and external parties, such as IBD teams, syndication banks and GS clients
- Strong analytical and organizational skills: able to manage multiple tasks and competing work-streams
- Demonstrated technical proficiency: experience building and working with excel-based models, as well as analyzing and summarizing results to produce succinct high-impact presentations
- Highly motivated and adaptable: ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in the financial markets and, particularly, debt capital markets / Leverage Finance markets (knowledge of the bank loan product a plus)
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of financial services experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top