Risk, Operational Risk, Risk Governance
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Our team of risk professionals measure and manage operational risk across the Goldman Sachs extended enterprise. This includes effectively and efficiently allocating risk capital, setting and enforcing risk appetite limits and in doing so providing commercially useful strategic business risk insight to the whole firm and our clients – including adjusting business practices to reduce inherent risk and increase ambient control. Risk Governance within ORMA is a global team that develops and operates the governance frameworks that effectively identify, monitor, measure and manage operational risk across the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a tools developer within the Risk Governance Team in ORMA, you will develop technology solutions that enable the firm to manage the governance aspects of operational risk. You will be involved with aspects of the development lifecycle including, but not limited to, analysis and design, implementation and project management.
SKILS AND EXPERIENCE WE LOOK FOR
- Work to identify where automation can be applied to various aspects of the governance framework
- Interact with and influence key/internal stakeholders
- Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
- Design and implement tool interfaces and reports for data and services
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation
- 1-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Good team player, hardworking, enthusiastic, reliable and competent
- An interest in learning new and proprietary technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top