Risk, Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA), Quantification Solutions and Tools Associate, Jersey City
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
The Solutions & Tools team is a global team of business analysts and technical solutions experts who support significant business change and technology projects as part of the ORMA Quantification team. We are responsible for helping Operational Risk Management & Analysis (ORMA) understand and design business and technology solutions for key initiatives, coordinating across teams to deliver these initiatives, and implementing tools and solutions ourselves. The team's role varies from overall program management to ownership of specific analysis & testing deliverables, to implementation of automation and productivity solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Associate on the Solutions and Tools team you will:
- Work with management and global ORMA teams to understand business problems and devise possible technology enabled solutions, often through a formal impact assessment
- Deliver business and technology requirements
- Work with the Operational Risk Technology team in a product owner capacity to deliver strategic technology solutions
- Contribute to design and architectural decision-making
- Implement technical and automation solutions using a variety of tools
- Manage initiatives or specific work streams within an initiative
- Work with other teams in the Risk Division and more broadly at Goldman Sachs to devise common technology solutions
Skill & Experience We Look For
- 3+ years of work experience
- A good understanding of financial / banking industry. In-depth knowledge of operational risk or risk management preferred.
- Understanding and experience with technology project management from initiation to implementation including functional design, testing and go-live plans.
- Problem solver and critical thinker able to examine current processes and propose/develop functional improvements; analytical approaches to business process optimization are preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate and document requirements and business processes with the ability to simplify complex technical content for those who are non-technical including senior business stakeholders.
- Capacity to support, influence and motivate others from project inception to completion.
- Standard tools implementation skills preferred: SQL, Python, Tableau, Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top