Risk, Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA), Quantification Capital and Stress Testing Team, Associate, Jersey City
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
The Capital and Stress Testing team within ORMA, an independent risk management function, calculates operational risk capital requirements and performs global stress testing activities, including execution of the operational risk component of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST). The Associate will work with the global operational risk team and engage with stakeholders across the firm to design, implement and monitor capital planning activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support and enhance the operational risk component of the firm's CCAR / DFAST submissions
- Interpret regulatory expectations and industry best practices; identify, design and implement program enhancements
- Train global ORMA team and key stakeholders on stress test methodology and process; develop and communicate timelines for deliverables
- Engage senior stakeholders, enforce deadlines, proactively identify, escalate and resolve issues
- Present methodology and results to senior members of the firm and firmwide governing bodies
- Interact with operational risk modelling team to expand use of models in the capital planning processes
- Draft documentation to support stress test submissions
- Collaborate with systems project managers and business analysts to enhance tools used for stress testing
- Participate in, and provide support for, audit and regulatory reviews and inquiries
- Support quarterly capital calculation process; set timelines, review and challenge capital model inputs and facilitating the capital certification process
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with a focus on capital and stress testing activities
- Strong project management and organizational skills with experience working to deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Quantitative skills with ability to interpret model outputs and interact with modelers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Proven track record in stakeholder management including exposure to senior stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and desire to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top