Risk, Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) Insurance Team, Property/Casualty, VP, Dallas
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
The Insurance team within Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) is an independent risk management function, with the mission to support active risk management across the firm and the goal to procure risk transfer insurance products to mitigate the firm's operational risk exposures globally. The Insurance team procures property, casualty and management liability insurance on behalf of the firm and its various businesses globally. The Vice President role is for an insurance professional with deep subject matter expertise in property and casualty insurance with responsibility to execute the firm's insurance risk mitigation strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage the firm's global property and casualty insurance programs for the firm's corporate properties and the real estate investment portfolio assets
- Oversee and manage the team responsible for the end to end insurance procurement and claims recovery process for programs including property, terrorism, environmental, general liability workers compensation and other related P&C programs
- Engage with deal and investment teams to perform insurance due diligence and contract reviews for new investments, activities and transactions
- Collaborate with the global operational risk team to evaluate the firm's operational risks and new activities to identify potential opportunities for insurance mitigation
- Utilize natural catastrophe model outputs and actuarial studies to review risk exposure and modify insurance coverage
- Monitor regulatory expectations and industry best practices; identify, design and implement insurance programs aligning with the firm's insurance strategy
- Interact with insurance brokers and insurers to shape and communicate the firm's insurance purchasing strategy and needs
- Educate key stakeholders on insurance coverage and claims reporting responsibilities
- Support internal requirements for vendor reviews, budgeting and board and committee presentations
- 15 years of experience in insurance risk management (e.g. in house risk management team, broker or insurance company)
- Global financial institution or real estate investment firm experience preferred
- Ability to identify and synthesize operational risk issues and insurance mitigation
- Strong people management skills with prior management experience
- Strong organizational skills with experience working to deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Proven track record in stakeholder management including exposure to senior stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and desire to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top