Risk, Operational Risk, FICC, VP, Frankfurt
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operational Risk Management and Analysis
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) department is a part of the Goldman Sachs Risk Division. ORMA an independent risk management function responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm.
Operational Risk Supervisor
The Operational Risk Supervisor (ORS) team is looking for a professional with deep subject matter expertise across securities products dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm's operational risk management framework. The ORS continuously identifies, monitors, measures and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within a business line.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Identify new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Conducting scenario analysis, developing and maintaining a library of case studies
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, enrichment of event data, perform detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conduct trend analysis
- Contributing to stress testing and operational risk capital work as needed
- New Activity memos review - ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense, strengthening the risk framework and its individual components
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
- Conduct business training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework, their roles and responsibilities
- Respond to client inquiries about operational risk
- Contribute to the advancement of Operational Risk Methods and Practices and the operational risk management framework
- Identify, maintain and analyze risk measures
- Establishment and maintenance of a qualitative/quantitative business level operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics, monitoring, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions
- Contribute to developing the firm's operational risk framework including the design and project management for strategic platform enhancements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The ORS role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with various business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge of securities products, trade lifecycle and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Strong financial product and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to present with impact and influence
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top