Risk - Operational Risk - Associate/VP - Frankfurt
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Through measuring and managing operational risk across the firm, you will contribute to an effective and efficient allocation of risk capital and enforce the risk appetite of the firm. In doing so you will provide commercial and strategic business risk insight to the firm and to our clients, including adjusting business practices to reduce inherent risk and increase ambient control. You will become a risk expert with in-depth knowledge in different businesses and all aspects of operational risk.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function as part of the Risk Division, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risks across the firm. The role is for a professional with subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm's operational risk management framework.
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, performing detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conducting trend analysis and reporting
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense
- Ensure operational risks arising from new products, activities, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Remaining current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business, identifying new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to internal colleagues on matters of operational risk management
- Working with stakeholders within the business and federation divisions, strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components
- Identifying, monitoring and analyzing risk measures
- Conducting scenario analysis, developing and maintaining a library of operational risk case studies
- Contributing to operational risk capital determination and stress testing
- Contributing to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams at several levels of management both regionally and globally, and may require occasional interaction with external parties. Solid experience and prudent knowledge of products, trade lifecycle and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Strong financial product and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to present with impact and influence
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top