Risk, Liquidity Risk, Associate - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
LIQUIDITY RISK (LR)
Liquidity Risk is the independent risk management function responsible for identifying, quantifying, and managing the liquidity risk of the firm. We work closely with Corporate Treasury, Controllers, Operations, Securities Division, and the broader Risk organization to provide independent risk assessment and oversight of the firm's liquidity risk taking. Key functions include:
- Stress Testing: Methodology development, model creation and governance, assumption review and approval, and risk measurement
- Regulatory Stress Metrics, Liaison, & Advocacy: Calculation and disclosure of key regulatory stress metrics, guidance and rule interpretation, engagement with global regulators, and policy advocacy
- Risk Limit Governance: Setting liquidity risk appetite, calibration of risk limits, sign-off on limits frameworks, and ongoing monitoring of limit utilization and remediation
- Analytics: Measurement, analysis, and reporting of risk measures, development of platforms and tools for risk calculation and visualization, and governance of data quality and completeness controls
- Governance & Reviews: Ongoing evaluation of compliance with key regulatory regimes, new activity impact assessments and approvals, engagement with key committees and governing bodies, and maintenance of key policies and procedures
- Risk Oversight: Monitor, govern, and challenge various liquidity and funding execution activities, including cash & collateral management, funds transfer pricing, balance sheet usage, liquidity and funding projections, and liability management
- Active and ongoing engagement with risk taking businesses to understand, monitor, and govern liquidity risk
- Direct engagement with the Chief Risk Officer and global regulators regarding material risks, current risk exposures, and limits governance
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Work closely with LR leadership to develop and implement comprehensive liquidity risk governance frameworks
- Monitor limit utilization, breach remediation, and escalation workflow
- Work closely with engineering teams to model liquidity risks under various stress scenarios; propose, calibrate, and implement appropriate assumptions
- Engage directly with the risk taking businesses to understand strategy, assess new activities, enforce limits, comply with regulatory requirements, and challenge proposals
- Engage periodically with regional regulators to explain the firm's risk posture, clarify rule interpretations, respond to analysis and data requests, and support advocacy discussions
- 3-5 years of experience in capital markets, preferably in Risk, Treasury, funding-related or regulatory functions
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top