Risk, Insurance, Property and Casualty Insurance, Associate, Dallas
The Insurance team within ORMA, an independent risk management function, manages insurance purchasing for Goldman Sachs globally . The Insurance team procures property, casualty and liability insurance on behalf of the firm and its various businesses globally. Its mission is to support active risk management across the firm with the goal of procuring risk transfer insurance products to mitigate the firm's operational risk exposures. The Associate will work with the global operational risk team and engage with stakeholders across the firm to negotiate and purchase insurance programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage the firm's property and casualty insurance programs including property, terrorism, environmental, general liability and workers compensation
- Manage insurance programs for the firm's real estate investment portfolio
- Engage deal teams to perform insurance program due diligence for new activities and transactions
- Collaborate with the ORMA Supervision team to evaluate the firm's operational risks and new activities to identify potential opportunities for insurance mitigation
- Interpret NAT CAT model outputs and actuarial studies to review risk exposure and modify insurance coverage
- Support property and casualty insurance claims process
- Monitor regulatory expectations and industry best practices; identify, design and implement insurance program enhancements
- Interact with insurance brokers and insurers to communicate the firm's insurance purchasing strategy and needs
- Educate key stakeholders on insurance coverage and claims reporting responsibilities
- Support internal requirements for vendor reviews, budgeting and committee presentations
- 3 to 7 years of experience in risk management
- Global financial institution / asset management firm experience preferred
- Ability to identify and synthesize operational risk issues and insurance mitigation
- Interest in financial markets and risk management
- Strong organizational skills with experience working to deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Proven track record in stakeholder management including exposure to senior stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and desire to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top