Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk PMO, Associate/VP
Are you looking to apply your project management and finance skills while expanding your leadership skills and visibility across the Risk Division? The Risk Project Management Office (PMO) team is seeking a professional who is eager to collaborate with various stakeholders within the Risk organization to shape how the organization effectively manages its overall change portfolio. You will apply your skills to help establish standards, best practices, processes and tooling to help the Division effectively manage overall health and financial transparency in its change portfolio.
Risk is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver best in class enterprise, credit, liquidity, operational, market and model risk solutions. We support the firm's global investment banking, sales and trading and asset management businesses with the goal of providing risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Risk PMO is a startup team within the Division. We are seeking a professional who is ready use his or her diverse skillset and experiences to help build out this new team. Our mission is to ensure consistency of approach in our Divisional program/project framework, governance, and standards. In addition, we are responsible for measuring overall portfolio health. Responsibilities will focus on a variety of areas such as resource management, project allocations, financial analytics, executive communication, change management, & business process.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate your ability to see the forest for the trees; understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture while you influence design and develop solutions
- Champion adoption of project management best practices, standards and reporting templates
- Establish processes to support executive level portfolio reporting packs and own monthly production
- Partner with Technology and embedded project managers to develop sound understanding of change portfolios
- Build robust process to mine Technology financials associated with Divisional portfolio
- Establish mechanism to track actual time spent by Risk professionals on delivering change portfolio
- Drive ad-hoc risk projects to completion on time/budget, with high degree of quality
- Showcase your ability to be both practical and aspirational by scoping, defining and planning realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders
- Bachelors / Undergraduate Degree
- 4+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of experience in project / change management, ideally associated with business process or technology implementations; strong base in business finance process
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of SharePoint and BPM tools (e.g. Signavio, Visio) are a plus
- Highly articulate with strong communication skills; ability to confidently interact with senior stakeholders
- Consistently able to produce high quality deliverables while working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Organized and self- motivated with ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage conflicting priorities
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside direct control
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Relevant change management certifications e.g. PRINCE, PMI, PMP would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top