Risk, Enterprise Risk Management - Firmwide Risk Identification team, Analyst/Associate, Dallas
The mission of the Risk Division is to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate and manage the firm's financial and operational risks (including reputational risk) in support of the firm's strategic plan.
Enterprise Risk Management - Firmwide Risk Identification team :
The team is responsible for identifying all risks of the firm on a global basis. These risks include Market risks, Credit risks, Operational risks, and less "traditional" risks such as Reputational Risk. The team works with others to conduct an automated risk discovery process, so that risks can be identified in great detail. This automated process is complemented by a series of workshops, including senior-level review sessions with business leaders of revenue-generating divisions. The team produces a high-level Macro Risk Profile and a high-level quantitative Heat Map, as well as a detailed quarterly Risks and Risk Factors Inventory Report. These materials are used as a basis for scenario design (on a business-as-usual basis and in CCAR) and to contribute to the Enterprise Risk Management effort and other key Firmwide initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Data management and analysis - Receive data from risk managers and update Risk ID Excel files. Analyze that data, including comparisons across risk types, and comparisons between current period and previous periods
- Preparation of reports - Prepare Word documents and other written materials intended to summarize identified risks, the process by which they have been identified, and the process by which their materiality has been assessed.
- Description of risks - Using data, analysis and descriptions provided by risk managers, develop clear written statements of key risks of the firm
- Organization of risks - Starting with the current risk ID reporting and Firmwide risk taxonomy, map the identified risks to the taxonomy, identifying areas where this mapping could be clarified or improved, and then proposing specific improvements.
- Preparation of presentations - Prepare Powerpoint slides and other materials intended to clearly communicate Risk ID analysis to a variety of audiences, including the Board and senior managers of the firm. This analysis will provide both high-level conclusions as well as appropriate levels of technical details.
- Risk Management - Broad knowledge of and experience in risk management very useful
- Communication skills - Strong verbal and written communication skills important, as the team communicates with a wide variety of individuals across the firm
- Risk Identification and Scenario Design - Previous experience involving CCAR or any other effort involving Risk Identification or Scenario Design very useful
- Proficiency in use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint required.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top