Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Analyst, Dallas
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Dallas and other major financial centers around the world.
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and non-financial risks in support of the firm's Risk Appetite Statement and the firm's strategic plan. Operating in a fast paced and dynamic environment and utilizing the best in class risk tools and frameworks, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude to challenge, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for ensuring that the firm's risks are managed systemically, such that the firm has a regular, comprehensive view of its risk profile as well as of key trends and emerging risks that could potentially affect the firm's overall risk profile. We ensure that Risk & Divisional leadership is consistently informed on the holistic risk profile, inclusive of financial and non-financial risks, in a way that facilitates strategic planning and risk decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop a comprehensive view of the firm's risk profile by identifying material risks of the firm and assessing those risks quantitatively and qualitatively
- Engage with businesses and business aligned risk managers on notable macroeconomic and geopolitical event driven risk changes to understand use cases and compile what-if scenarios and impacts
- Measurement and analysis of macroeconomic and event driven risks, that are quantified using stress testing models and guided by stress testing principles
- Allocation of risk capacity and limit setting in accordance with the firm's risk appetite statement, reflecting business priorities and transactional opportunities
- Analysis of risk metrics and market data to extract information relevant for gaining insight into risk profiles, trends and vulnerabilities
- Develop and use of analytical tools for enterprise-wide risk management and regulatory stress testing requirements
- Maintain and facilitate implementation of the firm's risk management framework, which includes management of key risk governance activities
To fulfill these objectives, Enterprise Risk Managements interfaces with a wide array of businesses and risk management groups across the firm. The cross-disciplinary nature of the projects that the team engages in makes for a rewarding and multifaceted work environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Familiarity with macroeconomic indicators, financial data and their interactions is desirable. Knowledge of forecasting and econometric techniques is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Programming experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top