Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Analyst, Dallas
Team : Enterprise Risk Management - Risk Identification
Level : Analyst
Location : Dallas
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and non-financial risks in support of the firm's Risk Appetite Statement and the firm's strategic plan. Operating in a fast paced and dynamic environment and utilizing the best in class risk tools and frameworks, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude to challenge, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for ensuring that the firm's risks are managed systemically, such that the firm has a regular, comprehensive view of its risk profile as well as of key trends and emerging risks that could potentially affect the firm's overall risk profile. The risk identification team within ERM is responsible for taking stock of the firm's risks and vulnerabilities and assessing these risks in both quantitative and qualitative terms in order to develop a comprehensive view of the firm's risk profile.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Top-down risk identification : Engage Firmwide functions to identify risks and exposures at varying levels of detail, including individual exposures, using a combination of qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Bottom-up Risk identification : Identify risks and drivers of risk at the business unit level, including engagement with senior management
- Risk inventory : Update risk inventory on a regular basis and determine which risks are material and warrant further attention
- Communication : Develop a detailed narrative of how risks could materialize, how exposures are thematically linked, and how internal and external drives of risk could manifest. This includes highlighting "hard to quantify" risks (e.g. reputational or strategic risks). Prepare materials that clearly communicate analyses to a variety of audiences, including the Board and senior management. This analysis will provide both high-level conclusions as well as appropriate technical details.
- Good understanding of the various risk disciplines, particularly of market, credit, operational , strategic and reputational risk
- Prior professional experience involving Risk Identification, CCAR or enterprise risk is preferred
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Programming experience (e.g. VBA , C++, SQL etc.) in workflow automation, data management, and/or data visualization (Tableau, Qlikview) is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex problems and disparate data to deliver solutions and risk management recommendations
- High level of attention to detail, project management, and prioritization skills key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top