MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Risk Engineering, Risk Economics Strats
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Irving and other major financial centers around the world.
The Risk Economics Strats (RES) team is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework with primary responsibility for: 1) developing macroeconomic and financial market scenarios for firm-wide scenario-based risk management; 2) developing and implementing statistical models for business-as-usual risk management and regulatory stress testing; and 3) analyzing large datasets of risk metrics to extract valuable insights about the firm's exposures. To fulfill these objectives, RES interfaces with a wide array of divisional, finance and risk management groups across the firm. The cross-disciplinary nature of the projects that RES engages in makes for a challenging and multifaceted work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Research and implement methodologies for scenario design / development
- Analyze macroeconomic and financial market data to develop scenario projections
- Develop time-series econometric models
- Collaborate with other teams to understand use-cases and develop / refine scenarios
- Develop infrastructure to facilitate analysis related to scenario development and testing
- Provide overall support to the team to meet requirements for regulatory stress-testing and business-as-usual risk management scenario design
- Degree in economics or related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize quantitative modeling techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background in econometrics and financial modeling is preferred
- Programming experience is a plus
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity