Risk Engineering - Platforms & Data Engineer
In Risk Engineering you will be working with an exciting collection of talented individuals to develop comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may adversely impact the firm. Some may be computer scientist, mathematicians or engineers, but all Risk team members play a critical function in driving how the firm takes and manages risk.
Risk Engineering platforms and data team offers common solutions for Risk. It is at the forefront of developing world class engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data analytics, optimized storage management, self-service toolkits, building compelling visualizations using web components, discovering information in unstructured data sources, writing automation bots and many more. The team has strong appetite to embrace latest tech stack offered in the market place to promote efficiency and agile delivery.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand, implement, and validate calculations for regulatory capital and counterparty exposures
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance & Risk
- Analyze risk changes and build analytics around scenario shocks based on results of credit risk models
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial impact
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans based on business requirements
- Adapt platforms and software to increasing regulatory change and scale
- Providing technical direction and leadership to junior engineers
- Build lasting relationships with business facing technology teams and business partners
- Work with global teams of brilliant software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Can read and debug through code proficiently
- Strong programming experience in at least one language
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in full stack front end Web Development or server side Java development with Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate front end design aesthetics with focus on User Experience.
- Technologies: TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Java, Spark, Tableau, Linux, Python and shell scripting
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
Why Risk Engineering
- We're embarking on a massive re-engineering effort and looking to build common solutions across risk (pan risk) to meet the increased demands on volume and capabilities.
- Ability to have lasting impact on projects, including templatizing workflows, building compelling visualizations in few clicks, automation, discovering information in unstructured data sources, writing chat bots, and so much more
- Perfect times to join and contribute to the design discussions that are focused on: streamlining data acquisition, modelling, storage management, distributed calculations etc. Believe us when we say, we're just getting starting
- In short, you get a chance to change how a world class tech group transforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top