Risk Engineer - Risk Applications Engineer
In Risk Engineering you will be working with an exciting collection of talented individuals to develop comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may adversely impact the firm. Some may be computer scientist, mathematicians or engineers, but all Risk team members play a critical function in driving how the firm takes and manages risk.
Risk Engineering platforms and data team offers common solutions for Risk. It is at the forefront of developing world class engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data analytics, optimized storage management, self-service toolkits, building compelling visualizations using web components, discovering information in unstructured data sources, writing automation bots and many more. The team has strong appetite to embrace latest tech stack offered in the market place to promote efficiency and agile delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance & Risk
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial impact
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans based on business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Build lasting relationships with business facing technology teams and business partners
- Work with global teams of brilliant software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming experience in at least one language
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in full stack front end Web Development or server side Java development with Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate front end design aesthetics with focus on User Experience.
- Technologies: TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Java, Spark, Tableau, Linux, Python and shell scripting
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
Why Risk Engineering
- We're embarking on a massive re-engineering effort and looking to build common solutions across risk (pan risk) to meet the increased demands on volume and capabilities.
- Ability to have lasting impact on projects, including templatizing workflows, building compelling visualizations in few clicks, automation, discovering information in unstructured data sources, writing chat bots, and so much more
- Perfect times to join and contribute to the design discussions that are focused on: streamlining data acquisition, modelling, storage management, distributed calculations etc. Believe us when we say, we're just getting starting
- In short, you get a chance to change how a world class tech group transforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top