Risk Divisional Management - Analyst/Associate - Beijing
- Beijing, China
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan. Our Risk D ivision develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
We are looking for a candidate to work closely with our China Chief Risk Officer, under the support of global Risk Division, to manage financial risks primarily for our China businesses. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, computing liquidity risk metrics, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Analytics: quantify internal and regulatory risk metrics and prepare associated reporting; impose data quality and completeness controls
- Stress Testing: review methodology and implement workflow to support ad-hoc and regulatory stress testing requirement
- Risk limit oversight: setting risk appetite, calibrate risk limits, monitor risk limit utilization, escalate and remediate limit exceptions
- Market surveillance: monitor news flow to keep abreast of macro indicators, industry trend, market volatility, and areas of vulnerability
- Business engagement: engage directly with the risk taking businesses to understand strategy, approve transactions, enforce limits, and challenge proposals
- Regulatory interaction: explain the firm's risk posture, clarify rule interpretations, respond to industry survey and data requests, and support advocacy discussions
- Governance: ongoing evaluation of compliance with regulatory regimes, new activity impact assessments and approvals, maintenance of policies and procedures
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong verbal (native level Mandarin required) and written communication skills in Chinese and English
- Strong academic background, preferably in quantitative fields such as computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or statistics, though not required
- Interest in financial markets and risk management (credit Risk management background is preferred), motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top