Risk Division, Credit Risk Management, Credit Risk Analyst, Associate, Hong Kong
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Through credit risk taking decisions you make, you are striking a balance between risk and rewards for the firm in the most efficient way to enhance shareholder value. You will become a risk expert with in-depth knowledge in many industries. Your daily decisions will ensure that the firm's risk appetite statement and risk-taking philosophy are consistently executed. You are the safeguard of the firm's capital through economic cycles.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Credit Risk Management Department ("CRM") is a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRM is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm's ability to be an effective financial intermediary. CRM, professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients in either an advisory or transactional capacity, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm.
CRM partners with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading businesses. CRM professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRM has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
Credit Risk Management:
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's trading counterparts and borrowers to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure
- Analyze the risks inherent in the products Goldman Sachs trades, including increasingly complex derivative transactions
- Coordinate with the firm's business units, Legal, Operations and Compliance departments to ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigates to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses
- Monitor and manage exposures at a counterpart, product and portfolio level
- Meet with companies to conduct due diligence as part of ongoing oversight or transactional requests
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related credit analyst role
- University Degree - no special major(s) required, but problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork oriented, but drive and ability to work under own initiative are also important
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top