Risk, Debt Underwriting Group, Relationship Lending, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk group is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
The Debt Underwriting Group (DUG) is responsible for risk management and quality control of debt underwritings globally, which include deal commitments, relationship loans and best efforts debt financings. DUG works closely with the Firmwide Capital Committee and subcommittees which oversee consideration of these transactions. DUG exists within the Risk team of the Finance Division though works closely with the Investment Banking Division and many other Control areas of the Firm to ensure that debt transactions are reviewed and considered pursuant to the Firm's policies and procedures governing the debt underwriting process. DUG has four components: 1) Chief Underwriters Office, 2) Bank Debt Portfolio Group, 3) Loan Negotiation Group and 4) Relationship Lending Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Relationship Lending Group is seeking an Analyst/Associate who will work closely with the Debt Underwriting Officers to lead relationship lending transactions. There is considerable interaction with members of the Investment Banking Division (Financing Group and Classic bankers) as well as with Control areas of the firm, particularly Credit Risk Management and Advisory, Compliance and Legal. The position will require detailed analysis of sector fundamentals, business risks, and transaction economics and structure.
- Act as a central coordinator among transaction teams (investment banking, credit, legal, etc.) to author internal credit memorandums and other transaction approval documentation in line with internal and mandated guidelines and the firm's policies and procedures
- Review business selection cases to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Develop in-depth credit knowledge of various industry sectors
- Provide quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, including financial modeling, assessment and mitigation of specific transaction and industry risks, and evaluation of covenant compliance, liquidity and loan structural considerations
- Ability to analyze and interpret transaction materials to synthesize into digestible format for broad structural understanding
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal clients
- Participate in portfolio management and analysis, data gathering and metric calculation
- Maintain and build cross-divisional relationships to advance work product and efficacy
- Ability to review and enhance internal processes and procedures to enhance workflow efficiency
- 1-3 years of experience performing in-depth financial analysis and/or credit underwriting; loan market experience desired
- Detail oriented with ability to balance business needs and a control perspective
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficient understanding of financial markets and bank loan syndication
- Ability to effectively communicate and organize teams across multiple divisions and regions
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet transaction timelines
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and learn quickly
- A proactive team player with a strong sense of urgency and collaborative nature
- Must work well under pressure and have a positive, hands-on, can do attitude
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top