Risk, Data Protection Office Supervision, Associate/VP, London
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Data Protection Office
The Data Protection Office is a part of the Goldman Sachs Risk Division. It is an independent risk management function responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of a data protection strategy and framework to ensure the firm meets its obligations and commitments with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Protection Office, Supervisor
Position opened for Risk Supervision support in our Data Protection Office (DPO) and strategic privacy initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Currently we are seeking an Associate/VP level candidate to join the Data Protection Office focusing on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and privacy to include the following:
- 2nd line oversight on the privacy risk management strategies of all divisions and entities
- Work with Privacy Stewards and Privacy SMEs (Technology, Privacy Legal, Compliance) to enhance their risk management capabilities
- Report to the DPO and senior leadership, Steering Groups and Committees on the privacy related matters
- Evaluate training opportunities, facilitate divisional specialized training and divisionally specific awareness campaigns
- Develop, facilitate and coordinate divisional privacy sessions and drills and ensure completion of lessons learned
- Monitor new business activities / events that may necessitate the completion of a new Data Privacy Impact Assessment / survey
- Ensure privacy risks are adequately described in firmwide risk taxonomies and consistently understood
- Monitor and review RCSA (risk and control self-assessment results) with respect to privacy as an operational risk
- Consults on regular refreshes of divisional Risk Profile Assessments and Scenario Analysis (where privacy risk is most relevant)
- Supervise the record of data subject requests and response times
- Monitor/aggregate compliance reporting with data subject requests, based on divisional documentation
- Monitor the impact of the data breach to the impacted divisions and the firm
- Initiate incident post mortem (if needed), remediation and other follow-up actions
- Comprehensive knowledge of privacy regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills relative to data classification and data protection
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and model documentation experience desired.
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top