Risk, Credit Risk, VP / Senior Associate - Product Analysis & Control Team
- Warsaw, Poland
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Product Analysis and Control Team offers a range of different responsibilities focusing on product risk management & data analytics, the interaction with numerous departments and projects providing a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
Members of the Product Analysis and Control Team within Credit Risk focus on the product-related aspects of credit risk, and are responsible for the integrity of the controls and processes that are used to monitor the credit risk that we take across the firm's traded products. PACT members will gain expertise and understanding of the counterparty risk that is generated by the various derivatives and other products that the firm trades with its counterparties. PACT members will also gain familiarity and expertise with the firm's systems and infrastructure, including good working knowledge of the methods used to model and monitor credit risk across various products.
How you will fulfil your potential
- Leading a team and executing on projects to manage big data and design and automate existing infrastructure
- Managing product risk, including credit limit and settlement risk monitoring, limit exception management, stress testing, risk exposure analysis and post-trade risk management processes
- Reporting to senior management and third party constituents on risk management topics and inquiries
- Providing quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, including the use of risk modeling tools to help estimate the credit risk of the firm's transactions
- Overseeing the activities covering a group of products / markets, and provides technical and decision-making judgment and guidance, organizational infrastructure
- Developing and managing relationships with other areas of the firm, including Trading, Operations, Collateral Management, Legal, Compliance, Technology
- Supporting projects to improve the firm's systems and infrastructure, leveraging and developing your knowledge of how the firm models and monitors credit risk across various traded products
- Developing a good high level working knowledge of methods used to model and monitor credit risk across various products, and be able to guide junior team members in problem-solving and analysis
Skills/experience we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an analytical financial role, preferably within credit risk management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to understand mechanics of derivative products
- Organized, process-oriented and attentive to detail, with ability to work on multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Broad knowledge of GS' business
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Demonstrated experience of providing training and guidance to more junior colleagues
- Ability to work flexibly in teams
- Strong Excel / VBA / SQL skills preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top