Risk, Credit Risk Management (CRM), Regulatory and Analytics, Analyst, Salt Lake City
Credit Risk Management (CRM)
The Credit Risk Management Department ("CRM") is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for analyzing, monitoring, managing and reporting credit risk at the Firm. CRM is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRM you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRM offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients and supervisors to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRM professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRM has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
As a member of the Regulatory and Analytics Team within CRM, you will play a key role in the credit risk management function and overall capital adequacy process at Goldman Sachs. The team is responsible for aspects of the firm's credit risk-related regulatory requirements including financial statement disclosure, risk-based capital requirements (Basel III) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) as well as risk reporting to the firm's senior management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop and implement risk analytics and data visualizations for use in managing and reporting credit risk taken by the Firm. This work may include:
- Work with credit risk teams to develop and maintain analytics dashboards and reports using Tableau, SQL, Excel, Slang and other tools
- Work with technology and risk managers to source data and implement data checks
- Develop and document end-to-end workflows
- Participate in stress testing/CCAR/DFAST
- Build and maintain cross-divisional relationships while providing businesses and control functions with ongoing updates on risk metrics and regulations
- Produce and present credit risk profile reports to help management and regulators understand the credit exposure profile and trend
- Monitor and ensure key credit risk capital parameters such as EAD, PD, LGD, CVA VaR and RWA etc are correct
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience creating and analyzing data visualizations to guide decision making
- Aptitude for programming for automating and visualizing reports and data mining
- Demonstrated, proactive interest in financial markets
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and assertive problem solver
- Analytically-inclined team player
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to quality and control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top