Risk, Credit Risk Management, Credit Research Group (CRG), Analyst, Salt Lake City
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Credit Risk ("CR") is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CR is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Hong Kong, Warsaw and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm's ability to be an effective financial intermediary. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients in either an advisory or transactional capacity, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CR professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CR has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
Below you will find the role and responsibilities of a typical Credit Research Group analyst.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Counterparty Analysis and Risk Management:
- Write annual reviews assessing counterparties' creditworthiness and recommend internal credit ratings
- Build and maintain financial projection models
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership and answer questions relating to analysis performed
- Monitor counterparties for changes in creditworthiness and take appropriate action
- Produce commentaries for senior management
- Other key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with global colleagues in GS Risk teams as well as with other divisions
- Support key Risk governance and approval committees
- Participate in regulatory examinations
- Bachelor's Degree
Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting
• Experience in credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research desired
• Highly motivated with strong academic background
• Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
• Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
• Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top