Risk, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Product Analysis & Control Team (PACT), Centralized Onboarding Team (COT), Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk group is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA)
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department ("CRMA") is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRMA is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRMA you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRMA offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRMA professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
- Assists in facilitating the onboarding of new counterparties of the firm within CRMA by liaising with Legal, Operations, Sales and internal industry coverage and product teams.
- Researching and identifying CRMA requirements for information related to credit analysis
- Working closely with CRMA various Industry and Product teams throughout the Credit Onboarding process to ensure new Onboarding requests are moving through the system in line with desired turnaround times
- Take initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements and develop methods to reduce risks, increase controls, and increase customer satisfaction
- Work independently in order to research and troubleshoot problems
- Accountable for the accuracy and quality of work and appropriately escalating any unresolved issues to management
- Track various metrics and report key onboarding metrics to senior management
- Develop an understanding of the financial services industry and the Firm's business activities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor's degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance and specific counterparty risk mitigation provisions is a plus
- Strong Excel Skills, familiar with Pivot Tables, Formulas, VBA, etc..
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top