Risk, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Product Analysis & Control Team (PACT), Centralized Negotiations Team (CNT), Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk group is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA)
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department ("CRMA") is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRMA is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRMA you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRMA offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRMA professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
- Negotiate credit terms across various trading agreements as part of the Centralized Negotiations Team in the Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department.
- Discuss and negotiate ISDA/CSAs, Prime Brokerage Agreements, and Master Repurchase Agreements with internal Goldman Sachs groups and directly with clients.
- Communicate with legal experts to understand and resolve credit concerns deriving from trading agreements.
- Interpret complex provisions in documentation and evaluate firm/client solutions with senior credit management.
- Escalate issues and non-standard document terms to team leads and senior management.
- Develop narrative explaining trends in document negotiations for senior managers and colleagues.
- Identify and appropriately escalate issues related to data and work accuracy and quality.
- Take initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements and develop methods to reduce risks, increase controls, and increase communication.
- Identify new risk management solutions to address client concerns while managing to firm standards
- Develop credit risk and capital management knowledge and develop an understanding of the financial services industry and the Firm's business activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor's degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance and negotiations is preferable
- Highly motivated with strong academic background and a commitment to excellence
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of the ISDA/CSA, hedge funds and mutual funds, or other trading agreements is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top