Risk - Credit Risk Management - Analyst/Associate - London
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a broad interest in financial and economic markets. Our analysts make a critical contribution to management of the firm's risk on a daily basis. This role will enable the individual to develop expertise in financial and business analysis of the firm's trading counterparties as well as the risks inherent in derivative, funding and lending products, and to take on increasing responsibility over time.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's credit, market, liquidity, and operational risk. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) is responsible for managing the firm's credit exposure to its trading counterparties. The department's objective is to ensure that credit exposure to banks, brokers, corporates, funds, sovereigns, etc is managed within the firm's risk appetite. Staffed with more than 450 professionals, CRM operates through 8 different offices around the world. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm.
There is a range of different roles and teams in to which analysts can be staffed, depending on skills and experience, such as industry/sector coverage or product management or reporting related areas. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects provides a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfull your potential:
- Providing coverage for a portfolio of the firm's clients in a particular industry (for instance, corporates, hedge funds or financial institutions).
- Assessing the credit and financial strength of the firm's trading counterparts. Making recommendations for internal credit ratings and setting limits for the firm's credit risk appetite. Providing quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, including financial and risk modeling.
- Preparing internal credit memorandums and other documentation related to transaction approvals.
- Analyzing the risks inherent in the products GS trades, including increasingly complex derivatives transactions.
- Providing credit input and expertise to negotiation of ISDA/CSA and other documentation, working closely with Legal and other areas of the firm to ensure appropriate risk mitigation standards.
- Participating in committees, team meetings and related project meetings.
- Developing and managing relationships with other areas of the firm, including Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Operations, Collateral Management, Legal, Compliance, Technology.
Skills/experience we are looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in a credit-related role, ideally within a risk management context
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly in teams and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top