Risk, Credit Risk, Global Markets - Fund Credit Officer, Vice President - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's credit, market, liquidity, operational and insurance risk. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk (CR) is responsible for managing the firm's credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, CR ensures that credit exposure to our counterparts is managed within the firm's risk appetite. Staffed with more than 270 professionals, CR operates through 12 different offices around the world and credit professionals work closely with many areas of the firm. Given this structure, CR professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's hedge fund, mutual fund and private equity fund counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis of counterparties using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Evaluate derivatives and financing transactions across Global Market clients, reviewing and approving risk taking across this sector
- Assess risk of transactions through reviews of quantitative models, portfolio analysis, stress testing, and other methods
- Negotiate credit and margin terms in trading documentation to protect against a defaults and minimize potential losses
- Perform counterparty reviews, including recommending appropriate internal risk rating for each counterparty and setting credit limits
- 8-10 years of credit risk management experience
- Experience with Funds, hedge funds, and/or private equity funds is preferred
- Significant experience in capital markets, including derivatives and/or repo product knowledge
- Demonstrable track record of independent decision making
- Strong documentation ( e. ISDA/CSA, MRA, PB, TC), analytical, presentational and communication skills required
- Previous experience with leading and motivating a diverse team, providing guidance to and supervision of junior members of the team
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred
- Strong communication skills , displaying stature while communicating with team and at senior levels
- Functional Expertise and Technical Skills - Demonstrates deep knowledge of financial markets, risk analysis and current risk management practices as well as strong technical skills required for the role. Values attention to details, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates in a clear and concise manner, shares information/new ideas with peer group and team, while demonstrating judgment to escalate as appropriate
- Judgment and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyzes complex issues
- Creativity and Influence- Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions by presenting persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top