Risk, Credit Risk, Credit Research Group (CRG) Approver, VP/Associate, Salt Lake City
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Credit Risk ("CR") is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CR is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Hong Kong, Warsaw and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm's ability to be an effective financial intermediary. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients in either an advisory or transactional capacity, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CR professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CR has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
Below you will find the role and responsibilities of a typical Credit Research Group approver.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Approve counterparty research reviews and analysis conducted by analysts
- Analyze all credit facilities of the portfolio counterparties and recommend Regulatory Risk Ratings
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership and answer questions relating to analysis performed
- Lead efforts to produce ongoing surveillance and prepare portfolio observations for senior management
Other key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with global colleagues in GS Risk teams as well as with other divisions
- Support key Risk governance and approval committees
- Participate in regulatory examinations
- Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience in the job offered or a related role.
- Experience in financial models including, but not limited to, future projections, valuation methods (such as DCF, Multiple based approach)
- Experience in presenting and defending research reports and findings to colleagues, senior management and internal stakeholders
- Experience in team environment, including experience providing training to junior colleagues and peers
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top