Risk, Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Loan Officer, Senior Associate/ Vice President, Salt Lake City
Credit Risk Management (CRM) interacts with every division of Goldman Sachs. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, CRM provides astute and objective judgment to the firm and its clients. Since CRM has been structured to work closely with almost every part of the firm, its professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Underwrite large, global commercial real estate mortgage transactions
- Review due diligence and liaise with the business, operations and legal teams across the globe
- Represent CRM on deal structuring discussions, including questions about commercial mortgage-backed securities and rating agency CMBS methodologies
- Draft deal memoranda, expressing and supporting CRM's recommendations
- Participate in approval forums
- Escalate issues to CRM senior management
- Monitor the performance of CRE loans in the portfolio, including adherence to terms and covenants, and help formulate risk-mitigating strategies as necessary
- Detect and escalate notable industry trends and recommend appropriate action to senior management
- Coordinate closely with work-out experts in CRM, legal, and other divisions as necessary
- Assign internal credit ratings to new CRE borrowers
- Update and maintain existing rating methodology for CRE borrowers
- Ensure compliance with CRM's policy and procedure, and recommend adjustments as needed
- Liaise with internal auditors on CRE-related questions
- Manage, mentor and train junior colleagues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least 6 years' experience as a credit risk manager covering CRE; experience should include origination/structuring, underwriting, and ongoing monitoring of deals
- Clear understanding of the rights and processes associated with default scenarios
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and providing training to junior colleagues
- Past success in team environments
- Excellent writing skills with confident presentation skills
- MBA or CFA preferred but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top