Revenue - IMD - Fundamental Equity - Buy Side - Analyst - Bengaluru
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Goldman Sachs Group is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the key revenue divisions within Goldman Sachs responsible for investing clients' money as a fiduciary to generate returns. GSAM is one of the top global investment management firms (buy-side) with around $1.25 trillion assets under management. We have a team of over 703 investment professionals located in 31 offices across the globe. We have a diversified client base including large institutions like pension funds, HNI's and retail investors. To suit our clients diversified needs, we offer multiple investment products across:-
- Asset classes- Fixed income, Equities and Money markets;
- Geographies- United States, Europe, Japan and Emerging markets;
- Investing styles- Fundamental based, Quant based, Macro based (GPS).
This role is for an analyst position in the Fundamental Equity team for Emerging market and Developed market based investing strategies.
Reporting Structure :
The analyst works directly with an experienced portfolio manager. The analyst and portfolio manager together are directly responsible for finding investment ideas to generate superior returns in their assigned sectors.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Generating Investment Ideas -Attending industry conferences, meeting company management, interacting with sell side analysts, tracking latest developments in the sector to identify potential investment opportunities.
- Industry & Company Research- In depth research on the industry to understand key industry drivers. Analyzing the company comprehensively to evaluate its business model & strategy including competitive positioning, channel strategy, supply chain, management etc.
- Financial Modelling & Valuation- Converting the qualitative industry/company research into financial forecasts for key value drivers across income statement, balance sheet and cash flow and valuing the business using different valuation approaches.
- Idea Presentation & Execution- Developing & presenting investment pitch to the CIO to take buy/sell decisions.
- Follow up & Monitoring- Keeping track of any new developments related to existing companies in the portfolio.
- Passionate individuals who are curious about new industries and businesses.
- Sharp logical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, proactive, and result-oriented.
- Basic understanding of accounting, finance and economics.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top